Thank you for praying for us. God has blessed us greatly through your prayers and support.
- Our TEAM-mates in Manokwari were able to negotiate and sign a contract for a house for us! We are very excited to have a house that we can move to directly. We are thankful to know we do not have to search for or live in temporary housing in Manokwari while we searching for a house.
- We received a ton of help from friends with loading up our stuff and shipping it to Manokwari this past weekend! The container has been sent by boat and should arrive in the next 3-4 weeks. We are extremely grateful for the help and to have that aspect of our move behind us.
- We are entering our final week of language school! Praise God for His faithfulness. We still have a long way to go to communicate like a native speaker, but little-by-little we see progress.
- Please continue to pray for our Work visas to be issued. We have had some interaction regarding them recently and are optimistic that they will be issued soon. We have now moved out of our house and are staying at a dormitory-style apartment. We are living out of suitcases until we receive word that they have been issued.
- Our current plan remains the same (but we will let the Lord establish our steps)
- Ship our furniture and most of our belongings to Papua- 3/25 – DONE
- Finish language school, including writing a 10 page paper – 4/7
- Fly to Singapore to pick up our work visa and visit doctors and dentists.- 4/12
- Fly to Manokwari to serve in the Community Center – around 4/18
- Zac is participating in a workshop/training this weekend on sharing his faith in our current context (Any-3). This training includes practical application in which the gospel will be shared. Please pray for God’s spirit to work in the hearts of the lost even through these training exercises.
- Please continue to pray for our family through this season of transition. We are all experiencing moments of sadness, excitement, and sometimes frustration. Stress levels are naturally up, but God continues to reveal Himself to us in new ways through each season. So please pray that we would continue to abide in Him regardless of our circumstances.
We are in the process of saying goodbye to friends that we have made in the 11 months we have been living here. Here is a photo of us and a family that we met at language school. This family has been a great encouragement to us. Our early days involved communication through broken Indonesian as we do not speak Korean and they do not speak very much English. We have realized that we don’t like saying goodbyes all that much.
Seeking the Fountain of Living Waters,
Zac and Leigh
Grace, Bryce, Reece, and Jayce
We intend for this communication to be a quick snapshot of life in Indonesia so that you can be in prayer and we can stay connected with the body of Christ that is sending us.