Dear faithful partners,
The Lloyd’s wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Indonesia! We are doing well, and God is continuing to demonstrate His steadfast love to us in ways difficult to put into an email.
In 2018 we plan to continue these monthly update letters to communicate how we are doing from “1,000 feet-up” perspective. But we are planning to also begin communicating the ‘on-the-ground’ aspects of life via a secret Facebook group to allow for more timely prayer and praise requests. Please be on the lookout for an invitation to join this group. (If you do not receive it, then please email us and we will add you).
- We praise God for the many offers to replace our technology that was stolen and the many words of encouragement in reply to last month’s update.
- We wrapped up our formal ESL teaching obligations early in December and have had a nice restful reprieve that has allowed us to celebrate the birthdays of each of our 3 sons as well as the birth of Jesus recently!
- Manokwari has also been much more festive and communal this month. This has provided several opportunities to be visited by and visitors to Indonesians in their homes on a more intimate level. We are glad to be progressing along the friendship continuum.
- We were able to have basketball hoops installed at the community center and are excited to see them be used for God’s glory as we continue to seek avenues to draw people to the community center.
- Please continue to pray for friendships to grow and new ones to form. We are so thankful for the friendships God has already provided through your prayers, so please keep praying to this end. It is one of the most encouraging aspects of serving here.
- In January we will start up our new offerings of ESL to the community. Please pray for Leigh as she will be teaching her first ESL class to adults while Zac is keeping the kids active on the basketball court.
- We are SUPER excited to have our Pastor and his wife and daughter come visit us for a week beginning on January 17th. Please pray for their safety and health in travel.
Seeking the Fountain of Living Waters,
Zac and Leigh
Grace, Bryce, Reece, and Jayce
Our mailing address is:
PO Box 115
Papua Barat 98301