Thank you for your packages, prayers, emails, and all the ways you show us that you are still thinking of us! We are blessed by God! Our financial needs continue to be met as well. Thank you for partnering with us.
- Our TEAMmate’s (Jake) back is slowly feeling better each day, and he has been able to continue in language school.
- We are developing closer relationships with some neighbors and local business owners. Frequently we must ‘interview’ nationals for homework assignments. These relationships are becoming more authentic as we now frequently stop to have brief conversations throughout our week that have nothing to do with our homework assignments.
- We continue to acclimate to this new culture, language, and environment. It is not easy, but we praise God for bringing us this far.
- We are in a waiting mode for a new vehicle. We are in no hurry, and it seems wise to wait. Please pray that God would bring us the vehicle that is best for us in His timing.
- Please pray for safety as we travel each day. Motorcycle accidents are a very common occurrence here. We appreciate prayer for God’s protection over our family as we travel in a place where their seem to be no traffic laws. Our Western way of understanding has prevented us from acclimating completely to the Indonesia method of navigation traffic!
Several members of our family have been encouraged by (and memorized) I Thessalonians 2:8: “So being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you no only the gospel of God but also our very own selves, because you have become very dear to us.”
- In light of that verse, please pray for diligence in studying and practicing the language each day. It is hard to share our very own selves if we can not communicate well.
- Also in light of that verse, please continue to pray for relationships to develop here. We desire God to make the people here “very dear to us” that are already very dear to Him. Understanding culture and acclimating well is a big part of that process.
Seeking the Fountain of Living Waters,
Zac and Leigh
Grace, Bryce, Reece, and Jayce
Jalan Bina Taruna No. 2
We intend for this communication to be a quick snapshot of life in Indonesia so that you can be in prayer and we can stay connected with the body of Christ that is sending us.